Tuesday 8 October 2013

Oops!



I didn't mean to do it.  In fact, I didn’t really do anything at all.  It just sort of happened.

I do have a stated intention of reducing my fabric stash, but it just keeps getting bigger!  I don’t know how it happens.

I will confess that I bought some woven wool off Trade Me, but it was cold, I figured I needed warm stuff, and it was worked out at less than a dollar a metre. 

I know I bought the $1 stash, but that was only $1 so I couldn’t really turn it down, and $1 doesn’t even really count, does it?

This latest lot didn’t even cost!  A friend has an elderly mother who’s health is failing.  She used to sew, but hasn’t done so for years.  She was having a sort out (apparently to save her kids from having to do it later) and came across a box of fabrics and un-finished projects.  I’ve met her several times and she asked her son to pass it on to me!  Well I had to take it really.




As well as fabric she’d almost finish this dress…


…and a few plain fabrics that don’t photograph very well,



but I’ll have fun with them all


No comments:

Post a Comment