Wednesday 2 May 2012

Me Made May 12

The first day of the Me Made May 12 challenge: It was surprisingly difficult to get dressed this morning.  Jeans and T shirts have become a dangerous habit.  I eventually settled on a T shirt and an A line skirt.

I can't remember quite how old this skirt is, but it was the first version I ever made of New Look 6454.  I have a photo of my little girl's first day at school and I'm wearing it.  Since "little girl" is now at Uni, it must have been at least 13 years ago, and I have made this pattern up more times than I can count.  I suspect it may be out of print now, as that pattern number is an evening gown on the Simplicity/New Look web site.

The top is a Burda Magazine one, from January 2009 (125).Burda 1-2009-125

I had to take the photo myself with the self timer, and only now do I realise that I look as though I only have one leg!

After a few weeks of playing with Mum's embroidery machine I decided that I needed help and was delighted to find a shop in Papatoetoe that offered one hour one on one lessons on the Janome machines for only NZ$20.  Papatoetoe is the other side of the city for me, but it was worth it.  I came back with all the problems that I had magically solved, and bursting with inspiration.  I've left the elephant project on the side for a while now, but I can feel an elaborate embroidery - based project coming on!

No comments:

Post a Comment